Copyright Use Policy
Regarding report on copyright infringement
“VIDEO Clipper,” (the “Service”; a user of the Service shall be referred to as a “User”) an app website which is operated and managed by Faith, Inc. (“Faith”) shall be used in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of the U.S. (DMCA; the U.S. Copyright Office’s website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf). Faith shall promptly handle any claim of copyright infringement concerning use of the Service reported by using the notice forms set forth below.
If a User is a copyright holder or is authorized as such User’s agent or authorized to act pursuant to any exclusive right based on copyright, please report the act of copyright infringement alleged to have been committed through the Service by way of filling in all of the sections contained in the notice forms set forth below and sending the same to Faith.
Faith shall, upon receipt of the notice set forth below, or at its discretion, delete the content that is being used in a problematic manner or take certain measures as deemed appropriate by Faith, including suspension of the Service or a User account. Faith may confirm with the relevant agent or copyright holder whether he/she has the appropriate representative authority.
A User who has posted any content (material) that becomes subject to a report to Faith due to such content (material) allegedly constituting copyright infringement may submit an objection notice to Faith. If Faith receives an objection notice, it may, at its discretion, restore the relevant content (material) after receiving such objection notice, unless Faith has received, prior to the receipt of such objection notice, a notice from a copyright claimant who has already filed a lawsuit seeking to restrict the alleged infringing act.
In order to submit an objection notice to Faith, please enter the content set forth below into the inquiry form designated by the Service (https// ) and send the same to Faith. A User who has submitted an objection notice hereby agrees in advance that such objection notice may be disclosed to the copyright claimant in accordance with the “Handling of ‘VIDEO Clipper’ Personal Information” separately set forth by Faith.
- Identification of the content (material) that has been deleted or the access to which has been disabled from the Service, as well as the location (URL) at which the relevant content (material) was displayed before such content (material) was deleted or disabled:
- Pursuant to the objection notice, I hereby declare with faithful belief that the deletion or disabling of the content (material) is due to mistake or misconception.
- Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of the person who sent the objection notice:
- Pursuant to the objection notice, I hereby agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court and I agree to engage in consultation with the entity that has filed a claim against me for copyright infringement or with such entity’s agent.
- Name of the person who sent the objection notice (Please enter such person’s actual full name): __________________________
Please send an objection notice clearly stating “Objection Notice” at the beginning of the main text to be stated in the inquiry form designated by the Service:
■Regarding report on other infringement of rights
If it appears that User’s intellectual property rights, such as trademark rights, are being infringed upon by other User(s), please enter the content below into the inquiry form designated by the Service (https// ) and send the same to Faith:
- Name of User or User’s agent
- Information necessary for Faith to communicate with such User or User’s agent, including, name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Identification of the intellectual property rights which have allegedly been subject to infringement, including matters such as: (i) an explanation of the type and content of the applicable intellectual property rights; (ii) proof that the User holds such intellectual property rights in Japan, including a copy of documents certifying the related patent, registration, qualification, or User’s possession thereof; and (iii) sufficient evidence necessary for Faith to determine, without requiring a substantial burden on Faith, that such intellectual property rights have been infringed upon.
- Sufficient information to identify the method of use against which the claim has been filed with Faith
- Proof that the User does not permit the method of use against which such User has filed a claim and that the User faithfully believes that the method of use against which such User has filed a claim is not permitted under the laws
- Proof that all information on the notice is accurate and that the User is the rights holder of the applicable intellectual property rights or an agent of such rights holder
Upon receipt of the above notice, Faith shall confirm the existence of the intellectual property rights under the Service, send a notice to the User who posted the content containing such intellectual property rights and take measures Faith deems appropriate, at its discretion, including temporary or permanent deletion of such content from the Service. In response to a deletion notice, the User may make a rebuttal by way of proving either: (a) that the person who has filed the claim of infringement does not hold the applicable intellectual property rights; or (b) that there has been no infringement against the intellectual property rights of the person who has filed the claim of infringement. If the User is able to prove (a) or (b), Faith may refrain from deleting the content in question. If Faith agrees to a request for deletion, Faith shall delete the content in question as soon as practically possible.