Handling of Personal Information
Faith, Inc. (the “Company”), in providing “VIDEO Clipper”, an application which the Company permits the use of (the “Application”), and the Services via the Application (the “Service(s)”), has established a Personal Information Protection Policy (http://www.faith.co.jp/utility/privacy.html) with regard to the handling of personal information (“Personal Information”) provided by the users of the Application and the Services (the “User(s)”). The Company shall handle the Personal Information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Policy and the “Handling of Personal Information” set forth below, and the Users hereby consent to the same.
1. Person Responsible for the Protection and Management of Personal Information
The Company, with regard to the Personal Information provided by the Users, shall appoint a person responsible for the protection and management of Personal Information as follows, shall comply with this “Handling of Personal Information”, and shall make its best efforts to appropriately handle and protect the same.
[Person Responsible for the Protection and Management of Personal Information]
Faith, Inc., Chairperson of the Privacy Protection Committee
2. Purpose of Use
The Personal Information to be provided by the Users shall only be collected/used for the purposes set forth below. Personal Information will not be used for purposes other than the purposes of use stated below, without the consent of the User.
- In the case of an inquiry relating to the Application and the Services, for the identification of the User and for responding to such inquiry;
- Notifying the Users of events/news relating to the Application and the Services;
- Sending mail magazines relating to the Application and the Services;
- Accepting applications for publicly-offered events relating to the Application and the Services and the implementation thereof;
- Accepting applications for sweepstakes campaigns relating to the Application and the Services, and the provision of prizes to the winners thereof;
- Sending advertisements (including cases where a third party is the advertiser) relating to the Application and the Services;
- Carrying out surveys in connection with the Application and the Services; and
- Performing statistical analysis and problem solving regarding the usage situation of the Application and the Services (including the provision to a third party as statistical data).
The Company may entrust all or part of the handling of the Personal Information to a third party, within the scope of the purposes of use. In such case, the Company shall choose an outsourcing company which it considers to be handling personal information appropriately, based on the Company’s standards, and shall also execute an agreement to ensure the due handling of the Personal Information thereby, and shall carry out the necessary and appropriate supervision so that the secure management of the Personal Information is ensured at the outsourcing company.
4. Provision/Disclosure to a Third Party
The Company will not disclose or provide the Personal Information to any third party, except when the User himself/herself has consented thereto, or in cases that fall under any of the categories set forth below:
1) The Personal Information is disclosed/provided in a form wherein the identity of the User is concealed, such as in statistical data;
2) The provision/disclosure is based on laws or regulations;
3) The Personal Information is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, limb or property, and it is difficult under the circumstances to obtain the User’s consent;
4) The Personal Information is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the healthy upbringing of children, and it is difficult under the circumstances to obtain the User’s consent; or
5) The disclosure/provision is otherwise necessary due to the Company needing to cooperate with governmental agencies, local governments or any entrusted person or entity, for them to carry out their duties under applicable laws and regulations, and obtaining the User’s consent may be an obstacle to the implementation of such duty.
5. Provision of the Personal Information Being on a Voluntary Basis / Consequences of not Providing the Same
The decision on whether or not to provide the Personal Information is up to each User; provided, however, that in the event that the User does not provide the necessary information, the Company may not be able to satisfy the User’s needs.
6. Termination of Disclosure / Correction / Addition / Deletion / Use / Provision to a Third Party
With regard to the Personal Information held by our Company, if any User wishes for the Termination of Disclosure / Correction / Addition / Deletion / Use / Provision to a Third Party (“Request for Disclosure, etc.”), the Company will respond within a reasonable time period and scope, after the identity of the User has been verified.
7. Means of and Information Desk for the Acceptance of Requests for Disclosure
A Request for Disclosure, etc. for the Personal Information held by the Company will be accepted by the means stated below. In the event of there being any unclear points, please contact the Company using the contact form for the information desk set forth below.
[Application via the Contact Form]
Please apply using the below contact form for the information desk. The Company will respond by way of issuing a document, etc., after verifying the identity of the User based on the User’s registration information with the Company.
Faith, Inc., Live Communication Business Unit, Information Desk for the Handling of Personal Information
“VIDEO CLIPPER” Contact Form
The forms used in connection with the Services are compatible with encrypted communication such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer), for the protection of Personal Information; provided however, that depending on the terminal of the user, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) communication may not be available, and the Company asks the Users for their understanding in this regard.
9. Cookies and Terminal Identification Numbers
In providing the Services, the Users may be asked to provide a Cookie or an identification number of their terminals. Neither the Cookies nor the terminal identification numbers themselves include any Personal Information.
10. Access Log
The information of the Users accessing the Services is recorded in the form of an access log. The access log includes domain names, IP addresses, etc., as well as information regarding the identification numbers of mobile terminals, and it is used for the maintenance and management of, the statistical analysis regarding the usage situation of, and the trouble-shooting of the Website. It should be noted that the terminal identification number refers to the manufacturing number of a mobile terminal, and it does not contain any Personal Information such as mobile numbers and e-mail addresses by which the User can be identified.
11. Personal Information of Minors
In the event of it being possible that the Company may obtain Personal Information from a minor, the Company will pay special attention to the handling of such Personal Information of minors, to ensure that such minors only provide such information, after obtaining the advance consent of their statutory agent (a person with parental authority, etc.).
The Company may handle the Personal Information differently than as set forth above, or may make changes to the above content in response to a possible amendment/change of laws and regulations or guidelines, etc.
11 01, 2015